Interested in starting a new student organization at VCU?
Update: Thank you for visiting our page to learn about starting a new student organization. We will be resuming the new student organization process in the Fall of 2022. We look forward to seeing new student organizations for the 2022-2023 school year.
We are excited that you would like to start a new student organization here at VCU. We welcome fresh, new perspectives on the student experience and welcome new student organizations to register throughout the school year!
To ensure you meet the requirements to start a new student organization, below are the requirements to be a new student organization:
- A minimum of 8 members, who have to be current VCU students.
- Maintain a President, Vice President, and Treasurer (included in 8-member minimum).
- Complete Student Organization Orientation online.
- Complete & upload a copy of Constitution/Bylaws.
- Submit the GPA Authorization Form through RamsConnect (required for the President, Vice President, and Treasurer)
- All new student organizations will be required to participate in the LIAison Program during the first year. After the first year, participation will be optional.
- Maintain accurate roster of members, including all officer positions on RamsConnect.
- Maintain an active and accurate RamsConnect account