The purpose of the Philosophy Club at VCU is, in decreasing order of priority, to:
1. Create an environment for the free discussion of philosophy, "philosophy" here being used in the narrow sense that refers to that academic discipline that's subject matter is determined by the research of the VCU philosophy department and other analytic departments.
2. Promote extracurricular involvement with philosophy.
3. Disseminate research done in philosophy to the public in a way that is firstly accurate and only secondly efficient.
4. Promote the application of philosophy for the betterment of the community, specifically the process of philosophy, and never only the application of particular philosophies.
5. Promote public awareness of the relevance of philosophy in and of itself.
6. Support the VCU philosophy department in its pedagogical goals.
tl;dr: Our purpose is to talk about philosophy!